Sunday, April 3, 2011

nursing school

About 2 years ago I decided that I really wanted to go to nursing school. At the time I was down at BYU in a totally different major but something just kept bringing me back to the idea of being a nurse. I went and worked in Arizona for the summer and then headed to China for the fall/winter and when I came home I decided to dive right in to my nursing pre reqs. I have been going to school for a year and a half straight now with no breaks taking overwhelming amounts of credits and classes like anatomy, statistics, bio organic chemistry, and pathophysiology. I rushed through just in time to apply for the nursing program at the U on January 15th of this year. I have been anxiously awaiting my response email and this past friday it came! I knew my chances were slim and had sort of come to terms with the idea that I was most likely not going to get in. I was home alone on friday and when I got the email I was TERRIFIED to open it. I called Tony almost hysterical and he encouraged me on. I finally got myself to log in and view my results and there it was... Dear Lauren, Congratulations on your acceptance as a student in the University of Utah College of Nursing. I FREAKED out. I was crying/laughing/yelling/cheering.... experiencing just about every emotion possible. I have never been so relieved and excited for anything. I guess the best part about it is now I have a plan. All my crammed studying has paid off. I am so excited to start this new adventure in the fall! This has been Tony's background screen on his phone for almost a year now. He is so extremely supportive of me and is my biggest cheerleader.

7 comments:

  1. yay! you will make the cutest nurse around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lauren! Your mom told us on Saturday night. That is so dang exciting girl, I am so happy for you! I definitely regret not doing nursing. You will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhh so exciting! you are the cutest :) Congrats Laur!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren! First of all, so happy to discover you have a blog! Second of all...congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete