Thursday, April 21, 2011

crossfit...



When I tell people about crossfit I always have the hardest time trying to explain it. My definition would be: THE HARDEST WORKOUT OF YOUR LIFE! So... I wikipediaed it...


CrossFit is a strength and conditioning brand. CrossFit combines weightlifting, sprinting, and gymnastics. CrossFit says that proficiency is required in each of ten fitness domains, cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy. CrossFit athletes run, row, jump rope, climb rope and carry odd objects. They frequently move large loads quickly over short distances, and use powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting techniques. CrossFit athletes also use dumbbells, gymnastics rings, pull-up bars, kettlebells, and many bodyweight exercises.



Can I just tell you how much I love crossfit? I started going about a year and a half ago and I am seriously addicted. I know it sounds crazy to be addicted to a workout but this is totally different then dragging myself down to a normal gym and running on the tredmill. We go to crossfit draper and pass about 4 different crossfit affiliates on our way there but Tony's uncle owns the gym and we have to support! Plus we have made some great friends there and crossfit wouldn't be the same without all our peeps at cf draper.


I really didn't mean for this to be an advertisement but check out www.crossfitdraper.com for more info because it will seriously change your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment