Tuesday, May 10, 2011

lately...

This was at the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival...you have never seen so many beautiful flowers in your life! It was a lovely sunny day and I just loved spending it with my mom. (this pic didn't load all the way so sorry about the ghetto gray line) A couple weeks ago all of my aunts and cousins had a little girls night. I am not the craftiest of crafty but we decided to make these darling birthday banners. It was a super simple project and ended up being so fun. This pic does not do it justice (kinda looks like an oversized necklace) but it really is cute in real life. It has been hanging in our bay window since I made it...despite the fact that there have been no birthdays at our house.

Last night my sister in law and I went to see this FABULOUS movie while Tony and our friend Chris saw Thor in 3D. We were smiling/laughing the entire time because it was such a great movie. After we got smart cookie which was delish...we will definitely be going back to both the movie and smart cookie.


I will be the first to admit that I have never been too great at yard work. I was the youngest child and let's just say I managed to get out of yard work most saturdays. Now that we are living in a house, yard work is imperative! The other day I got out there are weeded, tilled, etc. It was actually way fun! I got pretty into it and almost had to force myself to stop. (now our garden looks MUCH better)


One of the more exciting things that has happened lately is the end of the semester! Finals were pretty horrid this semester and I am so happy to be done! I have been going to school for 5 semesters straight and so the summer off will be a much needed break before I dive into nursing school.


No comments:

Post a Comment