Sunday, March 6, 2011

creature of habit

I have a really hard time with change. The funny part about this fact is that nothing in my life is changing right now yet this is the most prominent thing on my mind today. Tony and I were on a little drive today and I just got to thinking how much I love home. Not just our actual cute brick house with our cozy bed and wonderful couch, but everything surrounding me. In fact there is nothing quite like it. There is just something about driving down Parleys way after being away. Something about being in close proximity with my family (I have appreciated this even more having Tony's family away and missing them). There is something about always seeing familiar faces at our closest grocery store. Maybe it is pathetic that I pass 2 perfectly good gas stations just so I can get my diet coke at Maverik. I love that I always take the same route to school, the gym, the gas station etc. even though there are probably faster ways to get there. I love that our dog is always excited to see me the minute I get home to let him out despite the fact that I cannot pet him due to allergies...he loves me anyway and I love him too. Nothing beats the smell of our kitchen, the first thing that I smell as I walk in the door. Sometimes I love to just sit in my drive way and think to myself how happy I am to have such a comfortable darling place to call home. As much as I love going on vacation, sometimes the best part is coming home because when I am gone, I miss it. I love that Tony and I have particular places that we put things in our house. Lots of these places have absolutely no meaning or reasoning except for the fact that we put them there and if we didnt, they would be out of place. I love that we have specific seats on our couch and at our kitchen table. I appreciate the routine that Tony and I have gotten into over the last couple months such as if I cook, he does dishes and vise versa. I know that change is a great thing and only helps us grow but today I am grateful for things just being the same. I am grateful for my home and for Tony who makes this house more of a home than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment