Tuesday, March 1, 2011

macro micro miracle

My microbiology teacher is a crazy person. I am pretty sure she has no heart and trys her very hardest to make her class the most miserable experience possible. First off...who in their right mind enjoys microbiology? Even the sound of it practically puts me to sleep. On the bright side though, it is one of my very last nursing pre reqs! Horray. So anyway this teacher of mine...for each test we have these assigned review questions (ARQ's) that have to be 100% memorized. They are tables, charts, you name it they we have to completely write/draw out on our tests. It ranges from about 5-7 for each test. I, the great student I am, usually start studying no earlier than 24 hours ahead of time for my tests. Like usual, I began studying for my second micro test the day before (little did I know what I had ahead of me). After literally about 16 hours of straight memorizing (with a couple diet coke breaks of course) I had memorized the 7 ARQ's but had not even started on any of the material for the multiple choice questions. Just to give you a little idea... This is one of the 7 ARQ's. Ok so LONG story short...I went into the test, (which was 1 hour and 15 minutes) wrote out all my ARQ's as fast as I could (took the first 55 minutes) and then had about 20 minutes to answer 100 multiple choice questions. I walked out of the test feeling like the biggest failure! I tried to push the stupid test out of my mind and then today as I walked in to pick it up, I decided that I would be ok with the fact that I was probably going to get a 40%. To my surprise...I got an 86%! Ok its not an A but seriously I have never been so happy, confused, shocked, relieved in my entire 16 years of education. Of course I celebrated with a large diet coke and some jelly beans (at 10 in the morning)!

No comments:

Post a Comment